Wednesday, April 7, 2010
Thursday, March 25, 2010
Friday, July 24, 2009
Internet is full of information with different and various information. The information may come in different forms.
I am true researcher and love to search about upcoming, happening, and new technology available for our generation.
This time, I saw very unique and new technology that is Slide Share. As we use Orkut, Facebook and other Social and Professional networking sites.
Slide Share is a online library of all the power point presentations, webinars that contains lot of content which is very valuable during this era of Information Technology.
I want to share this Software Product Life Cycle Prepared by: Mahesh Panchal Nitin Garg Ravindra Nath Sharma Utkarsh Khare.
Software Product Life Cycle
- Software Product Life Cycle
- Product Development
- Product development is the process of:
- maintaining a good or service
- Not just manufacturing a technology, but creating a product that people will want to buy and continue to use. It adds:
- Customer Support
- Without a Product Management philosophy and discipline, IT organization becomes focused on the technology instead of the customers
- The product life cycle consists of three phases:
- Develop the product
- Operate the product
- Decommission the product
Product Initiation Feasibility Design and Plan Development Testing Launch Operation Decommissioning
- Product Initiation Phase:
- Submits a request for a new service or modification to an existing service.
- Received and prioritized by the Program Management Office (PMO).
- Requests are reviewed by various management
- If approved, the request is given necessary funding and resources
Product Initiation Feasibility Design and Plan Development Testing Launch Operation Decommissioning Product Initiation
- Feasibility Phase:
- Idea is explored in more depth
- Evaluated at the engineering and product management level.
- Evaluated for technical feasibility .
- Outlines the general architecture of the proposed service.
- The Feasibility Analysis and stable Business Case are also developed during this phase.
- These documents summarize time and cost estimates and other investment information
Product Initiation Feasibility Design and Plan Development Testing Launch Operation Decommissioning Feasibility
- Design and Plan Phase:
- The cross-functional team documents all detail pertaining to the development of the service.
- Core documents:
- Marketing Service Description, Technical Service Description, and Design Specifications, are stabilized.
- Operations, QA, and Customer requirements
- Approved :
- Initial Level: signed off by the project team
- Final Approval: The Design & Plan Checklist is presented to the Governing Committee.
Product Initiation Feasibility Design and Plan Development Testing Launch Operation Decommissioning Design and Plan
- Development Phase:
- Parameters to pass through decision gate:
- Actual engineering of the service is completed
- Code Complete
- Documentation Complete
- Ready for Testing Phase from a System Integration Test perspective
- Test Environment Complete
- Vendor Requirements met
- Integration Testing & Results Complete
- Approval by Project Team & the Governing Committee
Product Initiation Feasibility Design and Plan Development Testing Launch Operation Decommissioning Development
- Testing Phase: Product Initiation Feasibility Design and Plan Design and Plan Testing Launch Operation Decommissioning Testing
- Product Launch Phase:
- Flash demo and deploying it on the company website
- Deployment of the new or modified service at customer end.
- Initiation of support processes to maintain the service.
- A predetermined un-launch process will be executed, If the service is found to be unsuccessful
Product Initiation Feasibility Design and Plan Development Testing Launch Operation Decommissioning Launch
- Operation Phase:
- Longest Phase
- Manage the product
- Track problems and bugs, and respond to customer issues
- RASM (Reliability, Availability, Security and Manageability)
Product Initiation Feasibility Design and Plan Development Testing Launch Operation Decommissioning Operation
- Decommissioning Phase:
- End of the product life cycle
- Decommissioning can be ignored
- May lead to larger problems
- Product is phased out from the Market
- Example Windows 98
- Example AVG 7 is being decommissioned on 1 April 2009
- Extending the life cycle of Product
Product Initiation Feasibility Design and Plan Development Testing Launch Operation Decommissioning Decommissioning
- Case: Introduction
- About adobe Flex:
- Adobe Flex is a collection of technologies released by Adobe Systems for the development and deployment of cross-platform rich Internet applications
- Case briefing:
- Dashboard application built jointly by Macromedia Strategic Services and WHITTMANHART, which uses the following dashboard application today to monitor their business
- The executives spent too much time analyzing and processing their corporate data
- Team: 11
- Duration: 9 months
- Product: Dashboard application for Business Use
- In reality there is some overlap between the SPLC and the SDLC
- Digite - Digite
Enterprise( For Businesses ) Enterprise
- Solution incorporates a range of tools, content and processes to successfully convert business requirements to IT solutions
- UGS PLM Solutions - TeamCenter ( For
Businesses ) Enterprise
- Integrated software solution designed to close the gap between idea capture and comprehensive product lifecycle management
- Mystic Management Systems - ensurPLM ( For All Businesses )
- Tool for effectively managing the development of products from concept to design, through production planning and marketing
- iRise - iRise Studio ( For Enterprise Businesses )
- Easy-to- use application definition solution used by business experts to quickly assemble functionally rich simulations of Web-based applications
- PTC - Pro/ENGINEER Wildfire ( For
Businesses ) Enterprise
- Allows you to design faster than ever, while maximizing innovation and quality to ultimately create industry-winning products
- Product life cycle management: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Product_life_cycle_management
- Article on “Complete software product development lifecycle” June 2007 Available [online]: http://www.epam.com/software-product-development.htm
- Software product development tools: www.ibm.com
- Case study: http://www.adobe.com/devnet/flex/articles/cycle_07.html
This presentation is very good presentation. The purpose of writing this blog is to let you know more about the Share Slide.
Hope you will would love to access this Share Slide website.
Wednesday, July 15, 2009
I wanted to know more about the types of software products available and made by the companies all across the world. I started searching more about the products and there history to know what all are the types of products companies are selling and we are buying.
So this blog will take you in an around the current types of software products and in my coming blogs you will find more info about the companies creating products with the type categorization. I would like you to shower your knowledge, experience and research on the types of Products and would welcome you to reply on my blog.
I want to share about my coming blogs with you:
1. Types of Software Products
2. Software Product Development Companies
3. Technologies used in creating this products
4. Software Product Development Process and Life Cycle
5. Live Example of Problems & Issues phased in Software Product Development
6. CEO Interview of Software Development Companies
7. Successful Software Product Companies (based on Ranking, Brand and Product Sales)
This study in based on the extensive research, knowledge and experience shared from different Experienced Industry Professionals, Experienced Analyst, CEO of Software Product Development companies and with all your support.
A. According to AITIA International, Inc. there are 3 main types of software product available in the market.
3.) Tutor robot (avatar), integrated in Internet or Intranet based e-learning solutions
B. According to Wiki Answer there are two main categories
C. According to book Software Product Management and Pricing
In every software installation, there are three basic types of software products:
1) The operating system,
2) Middle-ware, and
Friends I look forward to your reviews, post, views, your ideas, your knowledge and share your experience on this topic and give me more insight about the Trends and Fashions used in the current software product companies.
Also look forward towards my coming blogs every week. I can be reached at you through this blogs every week.